The following essay by Richard Moyer was published under the title “Barack Obama: (Unintentional) Man of Liberty” earlier today at the Shades of Thomas Paine blog. We found it through the Diogenes Middle Finger News Service.
Uninspiring and ineffective, he hasn’t lately been able to do much of anything to actually curtail liberty as much as he’d like. However, like a chained dog, growling and foaming at the mouth, biting isn’t necessary to tell everyone just how risky the institution of government is with fascists at the helm wielding enormous power.
- Obama has ensured that stocks of guns and ammunition in the hands of Americans are at all-time highs.
- Obama has motivated millions of Americans to get their concealed carry permits. If they weren’t allowed to in their state, many changed the laws so they could.
- Obama has demonstrated the frantic ineptitude of government more clearly with his signature Affordable Care Act than ten thousand pages of postulation by the Cato Institute ever could.
- Obama has drawn into sharp focus the real nature of US foreign policy: make it up as you go, hope no one notices. American support for foreign adventures is at a historic low.
- Obama has best revealed the nature of US crony-capitalism more starkly than any other president. While cronyism has been around since before President Grant, never have the people been so aware of the self-dealing Solyndras and CGI.
- Obama has taught everyone a lesson in the dangers of fiat currency. Never before has the money printing of the Fed been so overt and so well publicized. Many are making the connection between prices, wages and the Fed that never had before.
- Obama helped highlight the link between the military and the police by placing thousands of conspicuous, otherwise useless MRAP armored vehicles at neighborhood police stations across the country.
- By beating the dead climate-change horse all through the worst winter in living memory for many Americans, Obama helped demonstrate the enormous gulf between politician’s interests and the interests of the people.
- We all got a lesson on the lesser-known amendments with the IRS scandal, Lois Lerner and Obamacare. Who was paying so much attention to the 5th, the 9th and 10th before all this? Read the entire article at Shades of Thomas Paine.